Jessica Lunsford Act
Background screening requirements pursuant to florida law for certain non-instructional school district employees and contractors states in part-"Non-instructional school district employees or contractual personnel who are permitted access on school grounds when students are present, who have direct contact with students or who have access to or control of school funds must meet level 2 screening requirements as described in s.1012.32."
Some Examples of Contractors and Vendors Requiring Level 2 Screening
- Vendors entertaining children, volunteer and/or paid vendors
- Construction & Maintenance / vending machines / food services
- Office equipment services
- Utilities, telecommunications, gas company, etc.
- Those under contract to officiate and/or participate in extracurricular events
- Service Vendors, i.e.
- Disk jockey's
- Story Tellers and Musicians
- Carnival/Festival Evnet
- Boy/Girl Scout Leaders/Volunteers
- Class ring Vendors and Photographers
- Package delivery services (if a contract exists)
- Contracted transportation (bus) services -field trips